Monday, July 6, 2009

WEEK - 25 PACHUCA, MEXICO

HOLA FAMILIA
“TRIUMPH comes from putting a Little more “try” in your umph” – Presidente Thomas S. Monson (I love Pres. Monson!)

I got your package! Thanks so much! Haah Elder Mora tried the circus peanuts, made a face and said “ew, dulces de gringos!” haah… Everything is awesome. My shoes are all worn in and are working great. The candy was awesome. The letters were great too! Maddie thanks so much for the pictures you drew! And the friendship bracelet! I can’t wear it, but I have it right next to me as I study, thanks Mads! Your cursive is way good too! Mom- don’t worry about sending another package please! That was perfect, I don’t want you wasting money on a package! Really, I promise the emails are perfect and what you sent me in this package will last me. PLEASE don’t send another one. Gracias.

Well no picture of a baptism today, but next week I’ll have more than one! Jorge was supposed to be baptized yesterday, but went out of town before Sunday. The good news is that he wants to be baptized this Sunday, we just need to help him with the Word of Wisdom.

We had our Zone Conference last week, it was awesome! I learned so much, and we were all spiritually uplifted by our leaders. We play a game every conference called ¨the last missionary standing¨. We all stand up, and Sis. Bulloch asks us questions like ¨Stay standing if you…. Are sitting next to your companion… Came on time to your district meeting….wrote questions in your study journal..¨ Things like that. Last conference I lost to the sister missionaries! They’re perfect!! But last week I was the last missionary standing, and the prize- amazing brownies from Sister Bulloch that cannot be found anywhere in Mexico!!! Haha it was fun.




President shared with us about Captain Moroni, we discussed his qualities and then we read when Moroni made the Title of Liberty. We made one as a mission, and all of us signed it. Then we read in Alma 46:13
13 And he fastened on his head-plate, and his breastplate, and his shields, and girded on his armor about his loins; and he took the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat, (and he called it the title of liberty) and he bowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren, so long as there should a band of Christians remain to possess the land--
after he made it, he knelt down and offered a prayer. We knelt down as a Zone as President offered one of the most humble, amazing prayers I have ever heard. Whew! If I’ve ever felt the ¨fire in the bones¨ I felt it this day. It was so awesome! Our Assistant is leaving this cycle, and he gave an awesome talk on talking with everyone. Afterward I was talking to him, he gave me a huge “abrazo” and told me to “learn how to baptize”, then he told me I’m going to do a lot in Mision Mexico Este… it was humbling to have my Assistant tell me that!

Yesterday was AWESOME- even though we didn’t baptize, we still saw miracles, like always. Investigadore numer uno…
- Griselda , her son Ramón, Pablo, and two other kids, her sister Mary her husband Antonio their kids Jude and Antonio. This family is so prepared to hear the gospel. We’ve been teaching them since Elder Mora’s first week here. I contacted Griselda in the combi (ice cream truck) the last Monday of the last cycle. She was the only one who accepted us to come by! Their kids are excited to go to church and love learning about Christ. So we’ve been teaching them all this time, but yesterday was the first day they could go to Church. We went to Constitucion, and afterwards looked for somebody to take us to go pick them up. Our ward mission leader from Palmar helped us find someone, but nobody could, so the counselor in the ward offered his pickup. He asked Alberto (the ward mission leader) if he could drive, and he said yes and grabbed the keys! Lets just say Alberto hasn’t practiced driving since he got home from his mission a month and a half ago. We made it to Griselda´s house and Elder Mora and I decided it would be better if we called a taxi. When Griselda and her sister and all of their family (10 in total!) saw the truck they all jumped into the back of the truck bed- before we could say anything! We suggested they take a taxi and we would pay for it, but they said “oh no we do this all the time!” We couldn’t convince them to leave! Haha…oh yeah, AND the mom of Griselda and Mary came too! She’s super catholic and didn’t want to listen to us but came! It was awesome. We finally made it to church, everyone was a little rattled form being in the back of the truck, but hey we made it there okay. Church was so great. The testimonies were so powerful, and for some reason everyone was talking to this family of 10. Just about everyone that passed in front said “I know this will bless your family, because it has blessed mine.” Towards the end of the meeting, Ramon the 12 year old son of Griselda asked me if I could help him bear his testimony! I said are you sure you don’t want Elder Mora to help you and he said no, you! We went up to the front and the only thing I said to him was that he could say how he felt when he read the Book of Mormon, and close in the name of Jesus Christ. He got up there, and I knelt down by his side in case he needed me…which he didn’t. He said ¨My testimony is that I have been in a lot of other Churches…and I know the Book of Mormon is true because I have asked and I know it’s true. And my dad says that the water doesn’t always last so you have to enjoy it. In the name of Jesus Christ…” Wow! His GRANDMA, the really catholic one, was crying! I know they felt the Spirit. Today they invited us to play a game and eat with them. They’re baptismal date is the 19 of this month. They could use your prayers to help them with the word of wisdom.. we’re doing all we can, but only the Lord can help them change addictions.
- Ivone- She is a 23 year old former investigator. Her boyfriend Julian who has been inactive for a while got our attention by yelling at us one day, and we’ve been working with her. She is progressing, but can only come every other Sunday, so her date is the 26.
- Adela- Her husband Erik was baptized a year ago, she wants to be baptized but says she absolutely cannot give up her “cigarro” We’re helping her out as best as we can as well, her date is this Sunday the 12.
- I think that’s all for now.. we found a lady from Uruguay but she couldn’t come to Church. Elder Sander would’ve loved to talk to her!
This last week was awesome, I know this is the Lord’s work. He will help us and bless us if we qualify for his blessings. I know he is anxiously waiting to bless us more than we can imagine! Thanks again for the package, I loved it.
Con mucho amor,
Elder Rasmussen

PS- We brought 12 investigators in total to Church! Our Zone Leaders said that’s a new record in our District! Of course it wasn’t us, the lord really blessed us.
PS- I totally forgot Saturday was the fourth of July! Elder Mora reminded me! haha

No comments: