Monday, July 20, 2009

WEEK - 27 PACHUCA, MEXICO

Para la mejor familia en el mundo-
For the best family in the world -

Hola! How are you all doing? Sounds like youre having a fun summer getting ready for school! This last week was crazy!! I am excited for this next week, we have a lot of work to do to meet our goal!



We had the opportunity to baptize Adela yesterday. Adelas husband has been a member for a year now. We were able to help them get married, and Adela entered into her first covenant with the Lord yesterday.

This last week, Griselda and her husband, and Adela and her husband Erik needed to get married, and we spent most of our time doing that. We had to travel a lot, and track down certificates but we did it with the Lords help!

Griselda and her husband didn't have the documents to get married, and long story short we went all over town tracking them down. For her husband, we needed to go to D.F. to get his Birth certificate! Friday they finally got married! They went for their baptismal interviews and need to wait another week. But I know they will do it this next Sunday! This family is so awesome. I don’t know if I've explained very well,Griselda and Maribel are sisters that live in the same apartment building. Griselda has four kids, Ramon, Pedro, Alejandro, and a little girl, her husbands name is Alejandro, but is never home to listen to us. Mari and her husband Juan Antonio have two kids, Jude and Juan. These two families have really changed since we met them, and I know they will progress in the Gospel. Ramon is so awesome! He bore his testimony on fast Sunday. One day this week he came out of the house with a white shirt and tie. He had gone by knocking on doors the day before all because he saw us one day do a door approach. He went door to door on his street saying “Im a missionary from the Church of Jesus Christ, and I have a message I want to share with you.” He had appointments all lined up and everything, he asked us for some pamphlets which we gladly gave to him. He is inviting everyone he sees to his baptism next week! Pretty cool huh? I told them that I might get changed this next week, and Mari started to cry! At church yesterday Ramon went up to the bishop and said, “ Excuse me, are you the bishop? Please don’t change Elder Ras, I like him!” I don't know if I'll have changes, but three cycles is the average in an area!

This week we helped Adela and her husband get married, and yesterday I was able to baptize her. This family really needs the gospel in their life, we are going totry hard to help them progress and learn more.

This Saturday, we are going to a huge youth conference in the State of Mexico. The missionaries are going to help out, and teach the youth. It should be fun.

Random fact- Elder Mora has a sister that was supposed to go to Argentina, but her visa never came so shes been in our mission for the past few weeks. President promised them that they'll see each other before she leaves to Argentina in two weeks, pretty crazy!!


This week is going to be just as busy and awesome! We have 13 people that could be baptized! The ones that have said they will get baptized for sure are 6, and the other 7 could very well be baptized this week. We are going to work hard, and qualify for the blessings. With the Lords help we can do it! I would appreciate your prayers for them.



Wow, I hit six months in the mission tomorrow! It truly has gone by so fast...and to think that its a fourth of my mission! It makes me realize I need to enjoy every moment of every day, and try to serve Heavenly Father the best I can.

Thank you for everything you do for me, your letters and prayers are such a support. I know without a doubt this is the work of the Lord! I am so thankful to be here in Pachuca, in this very area. I know the Lord prepares his sons and daughters to listen to the restored gospel. I have seen so many miracles in this work. I know that as members, you can do so much! And Im thankful I have a family that realizes that and are helping the missionaries. I love you and pray for you always!

Con Amor,
Elder Rasmussen

PS- The sister who was baptized is Adela Perez Sanchez

No comments: