Monday, September 21, 2009

WEEK - 36 Ixtapaluca

Hey Everyone!
“Our Purpose is to Invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored góspel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end.” (I hope I remembered it right? I can only think of it in Spanish!)
This week was great! Ixtapaluca is awesome, its the real Mexico! It’s a lot different than Pachuca, but I like it.
Mom and Trent asked me some questions…
Mom- we wash our clothes with a member in the Ward. He has a Lavanderia and gives us a discount of 5 pesos every kilo. Hot water and shower-yes. Food-YEEESSSS. They feed us a ton here! Everyone wants us to eat with them. I’m sure I’m going to leave this area fatter! No don’t worry, we eat a lot but our area has a ton of hills so we get a good work out every day. It rains about every day here, and it´s a little warmer, but nothing like Arizona!
Trent- My new companion is awesome! He’s a hard worker, and knows a lot about the work because he was the Ward mission leader in his Ward, and had the chance to work with the Zone leaders.
My new area… well it is called Bautizaluca for a reason! The people here are so ready to hear the gospel! It’s a little different working here. The streets are all “cerradas”, streets with a gate to close it off. If we have an appointment we have to shout their name or wait until someone opens the door for us. We do a lot of contacts in the street, and we’ve had quite a bit of success with that. The key for area is to work with the members, so w ego with the new converts and less active members to ask them for referrals. The sister who was baptized this week was a referral!
Yes I’ve dreamed in Spanish. I thought I told you about it already…last week I was talking in my sleep. I woke Elder Martinez up and he said I was propped up on one elbow and shaking my finger saying “Hermana, tiene que bautizarse…” –“Sister, you have to be baptized…” haha! I guess that means I dream in Spanish right?


This week Piedad and her daughter were baptized. They were so excited they could hardly stand themselves! Next week Piedad´s husband Roberto, and their son Roberto are going to be baptized. Roberto went to the Church farm on Saturday and had so much fun, and worked so hard he couldn’t get up on Sunday to go to Church! We told him if he didn’t go he couldn’t be baptized next week (they need three Sundays at Church to be baptized). He got up real quick and changed. Piedad´s daughter, Fabiola, is going to be baptized October 4th!
The Lord really blessed us this week. We found a new family that looks like they will really progress. The dad’s name is Alejandro and his wife Sarai. Alejandro has read the Book of Mormon before, and used to sell books in the Distrito Federal when he came across an original copy of the Book of Mormon! He really liked Church yesterday and wants one of the new bibles that the Church just came out with. Everyone is so excited for it!
My computer isn’t working, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to send you the pictures!

Our Ward meets in a different Casa de Oracion than the one Elder Hunt is in. He’s another District Leader in my Zone. Our Ward is called San Buenaventura. Dad, our divison is the street that says “ Paseo de San Buenaventura”. We have the part where the Casa de Oracion is, if you can find that you’ll know my area. Just a little about my area there are 25,000 houses, with about 4 people in each one so 100,000 people…mas o menos. We have half of that and some other little pueblos so our area is really big. (Since Elder Ras has no time to send pics I found these off the internet and he confirmed "this is his area" . . . amazing! ! ! !)



Tomorrow is our Zone Conference, and Elder Martinez and I have been assigned to give a 5 minute talk on “Our Purpose”. Wish me luck!

Okay I’m out of time because I was trying to send you a picture, I’ll have to send you more next week!
Adios!

Elder Rasmussen

No comments: