Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WEEK - 56 Ixtapaluca

Hey Everyone!!

I feel like I haven't written in a really long time! Last week we went to the centro, and it was awesome! We went up the Latin American tower, to the Zocalo and got to see all the old buildings. It was a fun experience, Mexico is the BEST! (Sorry Trent!)


Elders Kartchner, ???, Trevor, Juarez, Alcantaro

The Zocalo - I think they are in the highest tower in the picture

Elder Juarez and I are working hard here in San Buena. We did Divisiones with our Zone Leaders this week, I went with Elder Valdez and my companion went with Elder Hunt. Elder Hunt is heading home this week! He's part of the first group of Americans to go home since I have been here! The mission went 17 or 18 months without receiving any gringo! So now they're going to start to go home.
The work is really progressing here! Our little house of prayer is stuffed! We have fit 250 members before! Be grateful for a big chapel! Imagine the hallway by the primary when church is over but in a narrow three story staircase, just to change classes! Its a fun sight. This really is a special ward! I gave the gospel principles class on Sunday, and it was fun to see some of my converts participating and giving some really great thoughts.


Wow, President Hicken is going to be our new mission President! President Bulloch said he called him and talked to him and his wife, I know that the Lord calls these men to be Mission Presidents by revelation. It is such a blessing to have a leader so inspired like President Bulloch, I'm sure President Hicken will be a great blessing to this mission as well.
Sorry I have to make this short again, I was helping Elder Juarez and Elder Cruz set up their new email, because its in English!Con mucho amor,

Elder Rasmussen


PS- Juan Antonio looked up my name on google and found pictures of me with the Book of Mormon!Haha,he said I looked pretty funny!

No comments: