Wednesday, June 2, 2010

WEEK - 68 Neza/Pantitlan Zone (Senior ZL)

5/10/10
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY- IN MEXICO! Today is official Mother's day in Mexico. So from Mexico City, FELIZ DIA DE LAS MADRES!

It was great talking to everyone last night! I'm so glad we could finally get everything worked out. We got to the baptism on time, and it was great! Seyka was sooo excited! It's exciting for us to see an investigator so excited to be baptized. She told all her family about it. Her daughter and grandsons went, and they really liked church and the baptismal service. We're going to work with them a little bit to see if they want to progress.

Everyone is growing up! It's hard to believe! Maegan sounds so old, Maddie too! Seth set the record for the Eagle! Sounds awesome! I can't believe Trent is leaving so soon. Trent, I hope you like your badge. When I went to the MTC I know I would'0ve liked to have a badge on! I'm a missionary, I should've had a badge. Could you get me Sam's email address?


Elder Bednar is coming!! Elder Bertin told me that he knew he would be coming sometime while we were here. We are so excited. We are in charge to make sure everyone in the zone gets there on time. It will be a great time to be with this special witness of Christ and learn from him. We are so blessed! President Bulloch started our zone conference off by saying that the MME (Mexico City East Mission) is being richly blessed. When he announced that Elder Bednar invited OUR mission to go, he told us that this is such a huge blessing for us. He said that HE never got to see an Apostle on his mission, and that his sons didn't either. It will be a great experience!

Zone Conference was great. Something funny I forgot t tell you about. An Elder in our zone, Elder Pastrana, had his appendix taken out about a week ago. He was feeling kind of bad, and he was on a diet. President told him " I hope you feel better, becasue we're going to be eating tacos "Del Guero"!!" He went to the doctor the day before the zone conference, and the doctor cleared him to eat whatever he wanted, even fatty al pastor tacos! President in the zone conference said that Elder Pastrana had been blessed!! haha, I told you they're good tacos, and that everyone likes them! Apart from that, the spirit was strong in the conference and I know the missionaries felt that special spirit there. We baptized 12 children of our Heavenly Father as a Zone this week! We are 8 companionships, so that means we did more than what we're expected to do. I hope the missionaries can remember how it feels to have success, and strive to achieve it every week.

Well I really don't have much else to write you. I recorded for you, but the internet we're at doesn't have connections for cameras.I'm glad everything is going well at home, thank you for your love and support- this is the best time of my life and I'm so thankful to be here in the best mission in the world. We have a great opportunity to learn from Elder Bednar this coming week- I am going to take advantage of it and learn and apply all I can.
Con mucho amor,
Elder Rasmussen

No comments: