Friday, November 26, 2010

WEEK - 96 Casas Aleman / Aragón Zone - AP

Nov 22-10

Hola

"And faith, hope, charity, and love, with an eye single to the glory of God qualify him for the work."

This was really the theme of our Leadership Training this last week. President Hicken talked a lot about how we qualify for having the Spirit in the work. He told us that if we would just have an eye single to the glory of God, we would be qualified. He invited us to read D&C 4:5-7, and find the attribute that we need to work on. He promised us that we would find more success in the Lord's work as we did so.

It was just wonderful to be with President Hicken for this whole week. Elder Walk and I felt like the mission home was more of our home than our house. We were there last Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night. Then Wednesday and Thursday night we were in Pachuca with the zone leaders. They were two day trainings with two zones. This week we are going with the other half of the mission. We also just found out that Elder Tenorio, counselor in the area presidency, wants to come visit our mission the second week in December. They want to know why the MME is having so much success. That will be great to have that time to be with a 70!


I have to tell you about this, yesterday was the primary program for Casas Aleman. Valeria and Lalito were so excited! They got to church about half an hour early and were sitting in their seats ready to go. They both had on the future missionary badge I gave them. It was a very overwhelming feeling for me to see these two wonderful kids sing with conviction "How could the Father show the world.." and "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints..".
 
Valeria got up and gave her line with so much enthusiasm and belief. She said, "Jesus Christ teaches me how to live." It was short and simple but she said it because she knew it! What a great family. I love this family so much! 
Medina-Martinez Family- at the Mexico City Temple- 11-3-10

Eduardo is going to be receiving the melquisedec priesthood here soon, and I think Alva is going to be getting a calling too.

Well, just a little about my companion, guess I haven't said much. We were talking the other day about what we did before the mission for work and we found out that we both have our real estate license! Pretty crazy huh? We decided we're going to have to open a real estate business.





LAST BUT NOT LEAST- I can't wait to tell you about this. We were with the Zone Leaders from Pachuca last week, and when we were there I saw the number for a Bishop in my first ward in Pachuca. I called him up to ask him about how some of the converts were doing. He had some GREAT news for me.
Picture taken at baptism in Pachuca over 1 yr ago

Beatriz is going through the Temple THIS Saturday the 26!! She is so excited, and her husband Gonzalo along with their kids will enter in December to be sealed!!! Wow, I can't describe my joy when Bishop Cruz told me that! Then he told me that Juan Carlos Trejo married a recent convert after he was baptized. He has already received his endowments, and they are waiting for her to hit the year so they can be sealed!! They were both converts that Elder Mora and I taught.


" 9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
  10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard (our) prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me. "

I remember reading this scripture the first time we had a baptism in Pachuca, and feeling the joy of seeing my brethren truly penitent and coming to the Lord. I remember reading it after Beatriz and her kids were baptized as well. I was talking to Elder Walk about it and it is such a wonderful feeling to know that when we know the converts are going to enter into the Temple, we feel like maybe, just perhaps, we were instruments in the hands of God to "bring some soul to repentance". I remember I have always read this scripture throughout the mission, and I have always wanted to know and to feel that maybe, just maybe we were instruments in HIS hands. I know He did everything, every success comes from Him. THIS is my joy. 
Les amo!
Elder Rasmussen 

1 comment:

Bob and Joyce Wold said...

How FUN to see the photos and posts!! Elder Rasmussen is an AWESOME missionary ~ as we KNEW he would be! Ü

♥ Love you guys!
Joyce & Bob Wold Ü