Sunday, January 2, 2011

WEEK - 97 Casas Aleman / Aragón Zone - AP

HOLA!
Wow, I think I’m on an even slower computer than last week! We’ve been in here for 45 minutes and I just got it working…oh well!! I’ll have to type fast.
This week we were pretty busy again with Leadership Training. This training happens every third  month. We have this week and next week to work and then the 15 President Tenorio is going to be touring the mission. I’m not sure if we are going to go to that, but he is going to have an interview with Elder Walk and me! I’ve never been interviewed by a 70 before!

We learned so much from President in these trainings. He has invited us to keep a journal of the Lord’s tender mercies, and invited us to be more obedient. He has promised us great things, and I just know that as we are obedient the Lord will bless us. As I received the reports from the Zone Leaders last night, I read with them Alma 57:21-22. I know that if we are obedient with exactness to what President taught us, the Lord will bless us with more success.

This Saturday Hermana Beatriz entered the Temple! It was such a big blessing to see her there, she was so happy and when she saw me she wanted to give me a big hug then remembered she couldn’t. She told the sisters she was with “HE’s the missionary that baptized me!” They were excited as well. She said Gonzalo is working to enter the Temple this month, and that they are also working to change Pablo and Ariel’s last names so that they can be sealed to them. I sure hope that happens!! Brother Luis Perdomo wrote me and told me that the Reyes family is also progressing. He said that they’re having some marital problems, so please join with me in praying for them so they can make it to the Temple! Satan is going to do everything he can so they don’t make it!

We have a progressing investigator that is so elect! Her name is Teresa and her son is Arturo. She is so excited to be baptized this Sunday. Her son didn’t go to church because he said he had a bunch of homework to do. I hope he’ll get baptized with his mom. Elder Walk and I have really felt the Spirit as we teach this sweet sister. Alba and Eduardo went with us to the appointment and gave their awesome testimony of the Book of Mormon! They are so excited for Teresa, and are really helping her. It’s just great when the converts are friends to the converts!

HAPPY LATE THANKSGIVING!  I gave a lot of thanks for all of you. I really am thankful for such a wonderful family! Alba and Eduardo made us a TURKEY! Alba really worked hard to make us turkey and even stuffing. It got to the time to cut it and we had no idea how to do it, and neither did Eduardo! It turned out really delicious!  Mom, I loved the idea of the thankful basket! I’m going to start that in my journal. Thanks!

Thanks for the recording! That was just great. I can’t believe I’m going to be 21. ESTOY RUCO!

I’m sorry I don’t have much time to write, we have to get going because my companion isn’t feeling too great. Love you!
Elder Rasmussen

No comments: