Saturday, October 10, 2009

WEEK - 38 Ixtapaluca

Conference was great huh?!
We got there and they didn’t have it in English, so we watched it in Spanish! I understood just about everything, I know that was a blessing. I remember six months ago when I watched Conference in Spanish and only caught the part when they said “Temple de la Ciudad de México”! Afterwards we were able to watch it in English, but then the signal kept cutting out so we didn’t get to hear a few of the talks. But what I did watch was great!
Remember Maria del Carmen? She was supposed to be baptized this week, but she didn’t pass her interview so this week she will be baptized!! Wow, talk about miracles too! We were walking to an appointment and I saw a guy walking down the opposite side of the street, I felt like I should contact him so we did. He told me he was a member, but just hasn’t gone for about 10 years. He lives with his wife, his son and his grandson. His son is 10 and his grandson 9 and they aren’t members. When we taught them about baptism they said they want to be baptized! They’re baptismal date is the 18!
Another miracle, we have an investigator named Alicia. She is a referral from her neighbor that’s a member, she went last week to Church and liked it, and she told us this week she would be able to go to Conference on Saturday in the morning. When Saturday came, we left a little early and headed off for her house, choosing to take one of the many ways to get to her house. We were walking along and I happened to look to my right and I saw Alicia with her daughter buying stuff in the market! We said hi to her and asked her if she was ready to go. She hesitated a a little and then said “okay lets go!” So we went to the Stake Center, and since we got there early we went on a little tour. At the end of the tour we showed her the baptismal font, and talked a little about her baptism. We had shown her the family history library right before and so we talked a little about how her family can all be baptized and be a family forever. She said “ you mean my dad can be baptized too if he’s already died?” She was pretty amazed that we answered yes! We invited her to go to conference with a prayer in her heart to know if all this was true, and if Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. Conference in the morning was great! I know she felt the Spirit because when we left we asked her what she thought and she said she liked it a lot! We went to her house to teach her and asked her how she felt for her baptism next week and she said “Yes, I would like to be baptized” It truly was a miracle!
Wow, I agree with you! Elder Holland´s testimony was powerful! That was one of that talks that kept cutting out, we were kind of bummed but the part I did hear was GREAT! We are so blessed to be able to hear from Prophets and apostles. I feel so blessed to be able to bear testimony of the Restoration everyday! I’m so thankful for the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true with all of my heart. I know that the people we teach can know the Book of Mormon is true if they will just take the promise in Moroni 10 and ask with a sincere heart. I’m so thankful to be here in San Buenaventura! Our ward is great, the people here are so ready to hear the gospel. The time is going by way to fast! A year ago I was opening my Call! Crazy.

Les Amo!
Elder Rasmussen

No comments: