Monday, January 4, 2010

WEEK - 50 Ixtapaluca

¡FELIZ AÑO NUEVO A TODOS!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope it went well for everyone, we spent the day in our house! We had to be in there at 6 and couldn’t leave. President gave us a great activity to do to set some goals. Elder Juarez and I set some goals to help us have more success here in the area. It hit me while we were doing it that I only have a little bit more than a year left in the mission! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by, and I don't like it at all! If I find out a way to extend, don't be surprised! They say you can't do it anymore, but I'll find a way!
Today we went to the little pueblito I told you about called Montecorona. We baptized Arely there yesterday, and some members invited us to go eat today. We went with Elder Livingston, Elder Cruz, Elder Draper and Elder Alcantar. We ate chicken, salad, pasta with salsa and BLUE tortillas!

Elder Livingston and Cruz baptized an awesome family yesterday, we've had the opportunity to get to know them. One of the boys, Alan, asked me to baptize him. It was a great experience to see this family all entering into this covenant with the Lord!

We received a referral for a young couple, they have really been prepared by the Lord! Juan Antonio and Yessica are so excited to be baptized they can hardly stand it! We set their baptismal date for teh 17, and Juan said he would have to work. On Sunday we went to pick them up and he had gone to work so that on the 17 he could be there for his baptism! I guess we didn't explain to him well enough that you have to go three times to Church to be able to be baptized. Tonight we're doing a Family Home Evening with another young couple in the ward. I hope I'm here in three weeks to see them confirmed!

TRENT! We were doing our new years eve activity when Sis. San Andres called telling me where you're going! That is so cool! I'm so excited for you!! Bro. San Andres is half Spanish! His dad is from there and still talks with the accent. You're going to speak the real Spanish! Haha, I'm so excited for you! You're going to do great!! And the best part is that you're speaking Spanish! Spanish is the best! Felicidades!

The work is going well here. The Lord is blessing us every week with investigators to teach and to help come unto Christ. Here's a little Mexico trivia for you. Look in “Our Heritage” about Mexico. Elder Margaret Thatcher came here to dedicate the Land of Mexico, and guess where he went?? POPOCATEPTL! He climbed the volcano to dedicate the country! Guess what I can see everyday? The volcano! We decided that is why our ward is so elect!

Love you guys, I'm praying for you!
-Elder Rasmussen

No comments: