Sunday, January 17, 2010

WEEK - 51 Ixtapaluca

HOLA FAMILIA!
Wow it has been freezing down here!!! It has been below freezing the last couple of days, let’s just say I’ve made good use of the big coat that I thought I would never use, and the gloves. The volcanoes look absolutely AMAZING!!! They’re covered in snow and everybody wants to go to touch the snow, put it in a ice chest and bring it back! A lot of people here have never been to the snow before, so its pretty cool for them when its so close.


Today we played “futbol” or soccer at the stake center. I am really bad at it, so they put me in as goalie. At least I can put myself in front of the ball so it doesn’t go in! Haha…Well this week the Lord really blessed us. We were able to find a couple of families that I know will progress! We received a referral from a member. This sister is ready to be baptized! She has wanted to be baptized for a while, and now she can. Her name is Perla and her husband’s name is Joaquin. Also, we found a family that is just so ready to hear the gospel! Their names are Juan Antonio and Jessica. Jessica is going to be baptized this week, and her husband in two.
President Bulloch wrote us an awesome letter today. He always motivates us, and helps us to be better as missionaries. He told us that true happiness and peace comes when our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are happy with how we live, and that it is found when we find someone who has been prepared by the Lord. That is so true! That is why a mission is so rewarding, the happiness that you feel as you serve others just makes everything worth it! I can’t say it enough, I am so happy to be here in Mexico, serving these wonderful people. I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else.
I love you guys, thanks for the letters! I have to go right now, but I hope everything goes well for you this week. That’s exciting that you guys are going to Disneyland, take LOTS of pictures when you go! Love you,
-Elder Ras

No comments: