Saturday, September 4, 2010

WEEK - 85 Neza/Pantitlan Zone (Senior ZL)

Hola Familia! 30-Ago-2010
Hey Familia!

Silvia Valdez Bolañoa, 29-Ago-2010
This week was just great. Elder Lara and I baptized Silvia and Gabriela. Sivlia is an older sister that lives next to the chapel, she has cancer in her stomach I think but it has affected her leg and her hand. She is very humble, but ALWAYS beaming with her toothless "sonrisa"! She was so excited to be baptized this last week.
 







Gabriela Hernandez- De La Cruz, 29-Ago-2010
             Gabriela is the daughter of an less active sister that hasn't been to church in years. Elder Galindo and I taught them in May, and one day I was with Elder Lara when I felt like we should go visit them. Right when we walked into their street they were leaving, we ran to catch them and they gladly accepted to go to church! Gaby was baptized yesterday, and today we went to marry Adela and Dario. Dario is going to be baptized this Sunday. The Lord is truly blessing    
             We have our zone leader's council tomorrow in Aragon. On Thursday we have our Zone Conference with La Perla, where Elder Bertin is zone leader. My companion and I are going to train the other missionaries on the scripture that is in Genesis 4:9. In Spanish it's, "Soy yo acaso guarda de mi hermano?" We're changing it to "Ser Guarda de mi Compañero"/ Be a Keeper of my companion" It should be a great training, and we're excited to have this chance.

Elders Ras & Galindo - Baptism of  Elizabeth 5-23-10
We are teaching Elizabeth's nephew, Gilberto. He is 12 and accepted his baptismal date for the 12. Elizabeth, Seyka, Yuli, Adolfo, and Victor are active, and go to all the activities. We are going to do "Te Hallaré Mi Querido Amigo" (I'll find you dear friend) one more time, but this time we are hoping to have more investigators to come. We are hoping the members will want to come now that they've heard that it was great!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, but I'm soo glad I took piano classes! I'm thankful for Sister Barton and the persistence of Mom and Dad to help me keep practicing! I play almost every week in church because nobody knows how to play. This Thursday in the Zone Conference I'm going to play as well. Maddie, I hope you can start to play! If not I'll teach you okay?!

Well Not much else going on, Love you guys so much! Thanks for all your love and support. I'm so proud of Trent, he's doing a great job.
Con mucho amor,
Elder Ras

No comments: