Sunday, January 2, 2011

WEEK - 100 Casas Aleman / Aragón Zone - AP

12/27/10
Feliz Navidad....feliz navidad...feliz navidad, prospero año y felicidad!
 
I hope everyone had a great holiday with all the family and thinking about why we celebrate Christmas. We had a great time at President Hicken's house, we had a small devotional directed by President Hicken. We sang Christmas hymns while I played, and it was a really great spiritual time. Then of course we ate some great food! Sister Hicken's food is so delicious. On the 23 we went to the Temple with half of the mission, we ate at the Temple, and then we had a talent show and President Hicken spoke to us. It was a great day!
 
It was so fun to talk (and SEE) you all! I kept telling everyone that seeing your family is so different because we haven't seen each other in so long. Pictures just don't do it! It was fun to show you my nacho libre mask and to see you while we talked. That was the fastest 40 minutes ever! Sorry I distracted you all while everyone else was talking, I kind of felt bad about that after, I just couldn't help it! Anyways, it was a lot of fun!
 
This week we are going to baptize Laura, the sister I was telling you about. She is so elect and ready to be baptized. Her boyfriend, Jo-el from Nigeria, only speaks english and is coming to our ward from far away. President Hicken said we might be able to baptize him, depending on where he needs to go to find an English speaking ward I guess! We took them to the Visitor's Center and they absolutely loved it! It really is a huge blessing to have the Temple so close.
 
Today we went to Teotihuacan with Alba and Eduardo, it was fun to go one more time. I really enjoy it, every time I feel like I'm in Nephite lands!
 
Not much time to write today. I just want to suggest that we do what Presidente told us in his letter today. We usually make a list of resolutions we have for the year. Presidente said we should put a list of four things for the year, and then as we complete one of those things we can put another goal or resolution on. That way we are constantly asking ourselves and the Lord what we can do better on. I know that if we do that, the Lord will guide us and can use us in His work. Les amo un buen!
-Elder Rasmussen

No comments: