Friday, January 21, 2011

WEEK - 102 Casas Aleman / Aragón Zone - AP

Jan. 10, 2011
Hola!

My companion and I are continuing to see the blessings of the Lord in our area. We baptized a sweet sister named Genoveva and her 11 year old daughter Dayana. They are such amazing sisters, and the ward really helepd them feel welcome!

The Garcia family is progressing. This week the 18 year old and the 12 year old girls told us "We don't care what THEY do, cuz WE'RE getting baptized on the 16!" Then on Saturday in our appointment with the family, Antonio said "I respect my family's decision, whatever they want to do is okay. But I'm getting baptized on the 16th!" We also found a great sister named Paolina. She lost her daughter and her baby grandson in a carwreck last year, and my companion and a zone leader (in divisions) taught her the plan of salvation. She cried through the whole lesson. She accepted her baptismal date for the 23, and is really excited!

Remember I told you on Christmas about a family we taught in the really dusty poor part of our mission? They got baptized yesterday, and their five kids are getting baptized this coming Sunday!  The Elders were really excited to tell me about them this week.

Today we went on a tour bus, we saw pretty much the whole city so that was fun.

I don't like to even think about this. I am realizing my time as a full time missionary is growing very short, and that makes me sad. I only have two more weeks to represent the Lord for 24 hours, 7 days a week. I want to give it my all. I want to get to the goal running. 24 months. Not 23 months and 3 weeks. 24 months. Grandma wrote me a letter in the MTC once saying how she thought a missionary would want to work the hardest those last few weeks of the mission so he could go home knwoing tha the had done his best. "Those few months could be the most successful of a mission." I don't want it to end, but I know it will. So I'm going to give it everything I've got.
Thanks for all your love and prayers.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Rasmussen

No comments: