Wednesday, March 25, 2009

MTC - Week 4


02/11/09

Last night Elder Jose A. Teixeira spoke to us. He's from Portugal, you say his last name Tehshera. He had an awesome accent! That wasn't the best part of his talk though, don't worry! He started out telling us that what he was going to share has the power to change our mission. He said "Things that are worthwhile are worth the price." He continued to talk to us about the Holy Ghost. He basically used everything from Preach My Gospel. That book is so amazing, they tell us new things about it all the time. For example, the Purpose statement at the beginning. People that helped to write that book said there was no sentence reconstructed, rewritten, looked over by more apostles, scrutinized, analyzed, and picked at than that sentence. "M Purpose: Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." We've dissected that sentence so much since I've been here.

He told us to do all we can to get people to read the Book of Mormon. He told us to make sure to say, "I know!" Because it is a statement of understanding. "You understand when you put into practice what you know." Cool huh? He talked to us about love and service and how it is like a boomerang. Whenever we give our service, the Lord gives us back so much more in return! Anyways, last night was great. It was such a spiritual experience. Just hearing Elder Teixeira talk made me want to be a better missionary. He said he has been praying night and day for the chance to come speak to us because of the MAGNITUDE of what we're about to do.

Basically the past few days have been so amazing to me. I have received revelation for my district. I know it sounds crazy, but I know the Lord truly qualifies whom he calls. It is very humbling and hope to be able to have that constant companionship of the Holy Ghost all the time. I was reminded of the 121 section of the D&C where it says "The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of..." That's my goal. I want that always, I know as I prepare myself and keep myself worthy of those still small whisperings, I can do the Lord's work.

Just in the few weeks here I've learned I need to work on patience! haha . . . some days I have to wait 20 minutes for the hot shower ! I love it here Mom, my companion is great. The lord is teaching all of us and enhancing our understanding.


Okay funny story time-
Last night I thought I had a dream that I got down from my bed on the top bunk and opened the door and went back to sleep. Well this morning Elder Kelley, who sleeps by the door, said I said something mumbled, jumped out of the bed and went to the door. He said I opened it and he said,"What are you doing?" and I said "Nothing Elder Kelley, leave me alone!" He tried to go back to sleep and ignore me, but I started staring at him for a while. And he asked me again and again I said, "Nothing Elder Kelley!" He said I was being mean to him..oops! Then I closed the door, jumped in my bed and went to sleep! (SLEEPWALKING . . . following in his Dad's footsteps ! ! )


Well, that's all for now family! Hope to hear from you soon!
Con Amor,
Elder Rasmussen

No comments: