Monday, July 12, 2010

WEEK - 77 Neza/Pantitlan Zone (Senior ZL)

HOLA FAMILIA!

Wow, a lot of things happened this week, and I have a lot to tell you!
First of all, Elder Galindo and I got to the changes meeting and President Bulloch called a zone leaders meeting. He said that Elder Galindo was going to receive a new assignment and was going to be transferred to Azteca/Anahuac! My new companion is Elder Chavez from Acapulco. He goes home this cycle, so I won't be companions with him for very long. I miss Elder Galindo, but know that Elder Chavez and I will have a lot of success.



Our Zone Conference with President Hicken was awesome! When President and Sister Hicken got to the church we all stood up and welcomed them. They are so amazing! President Hicken is really powerful, and Sister Hicken is one of the nicest sisters I have ever met! President Hicken said a couple of times that he was sorry for his Spanish because it had been sleeping for the past 40 years, but he sounded great. He hardly has any accent at all, he speaks better than me! He talked to us for a while about focusing completely on the work and not thinking about anything else but the Lord's work. Sister Hicken shared her testimony in Spanish. It was a short conference but it was wonderful. Afterwards we all shook their hand, and when I got to them they said "Oh, we only have you for one month right?" I guess they confused me with Elder Reed who leaves this cycle. When I said I was the Juber's grandson a light shone in their eyes, and were so excited. President Hicken said my Grandpa was the greatest man ever! He said that Grandpa always was one step ahead, and that when he would go to ask him something Grandpa would already have it. I said, "Yup, that's my Grandpa!!"
I have some pretty exciting news. At the conference I saw an Elder that has been in Pachuca in my first two wards, Palmar and Constitutcion. I asked him about some of my converts. He said that Beatriz is going to church every week and getting ready to enter the temple. And then he told me some exciting news about Benita and Jaime.

I remember when we found Benita and Jaime, and I'd like to share my journal entry with you from the day we found them.

20 de Mayo del 2009
"I don't have much time to write. It was so amazing to see the Lord's hand in our work today. We went to a pharmacy and Elder Sander saw an old investigator from Pachuca Centro. He talked to her but didn't say anyting to her friend that was talking to her. Later on in the day we were knocking doors in calle 12. We knocked on a door and it was the Sister we saw in the pharmacy! She let us in, and I think it was only because she had seen us earlier that day. I call that a miracle.
Second, Friday or Satruday of last week we were walking in Palmar and Elder Sander and I both heard a voice say, "Hermanos!". We turned around at the same time, but didn't see anybody! We memorized our location and said we'd have to come back to knock those buildings. WE went today, adn taught a younger coupl who I think will progress. As we left we heard music from CCR blaring from the very top window. WE knowcked all the doors in that buidling and when we got to that apartment, a man opened the door and wihtout a word from us said, "Come in! Come in!" He's been inactive for 15 years, he's disabled and his wife isn't a member! I todl him the Lord had led us to his home and wnats him to come back to Church. I have no doubt he is the one we were supposed to find! This gospel is true, this is truly the work of the Lord. If we are listening, He is eager to guide us!"

Benita Polacios Lozado was baptized on June 7, 2009 and confirmed on June 14, 2009. Jaime Vazquez Morales and Benita Palacios Lozado were sealed in the Temple of Mexico City on June 19, 2010.

This Elder told me they had been sealed, and so I asked President for permission to call them and congratulate them. It was such a special feeling to hear Jaime tell me excitedly that he and his wife had been sealed!!! They told me that they didn't tell me about it because they didn't have email to be able to email me.

Wow, that made me so happy! THAT is why I'm here- to be a small instrument in the hands of the Lord so that they can get to the celestial kingdom. I'm so happy that they kept on going and made it to the temple. Now, when I work every day I think of them, and picture these people in white for their baptism, and in white for when they're in the temple.
I also relearned an important lesson that I learned when I was a greenie. "..this is truly the work of the Lord. If we are listening, He is eager to guide us!"
I know that the Lord IS willing to guide all of us in this work that is so important. I am thankful to be here and to serve the Lord for this very short time.

Remember, He is eager to guide us, if we are listening.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Rasmussen

No comments: