Friday, July 30, 2010

WEEK - 79 Neza/Pantitlan Zone (Senior ZL)


Monday
7/19/10
Hola Familia
I didn't explain the new cycle thing very well. The church is changing everything so that the goals are by months. The changes meeting and the time that everyone goes home and comes will still be six weeks.

President Bulloch did such a great job at preparing the mission! President Hicken told me in the interview with him that he has felt accepted by EVERYONE. WOW. He also said something that kind of hit me hard. He looked at my picture in his folder that he has and saw that I go home in January. He looked at me and said "Well, you're on the last run. This is like the cherry on the top of the ice cream sundae, it has to be the best part!" He invited me to make this part of my mission the sweetest and best part of the two years. We have an elder in the zone that goes home with Elder Chavez and he is kind of "dead" as we say. Pres. Hicken was kind of sad about that and that's when he told me all of this. It hit me the other day when I was talking to Elder Bertin, that we hit the 18 month mark this week!?! WHAT!?! I just hit 15 months! haha, it goes by way to fast! I want to make sure that this IS the cherry on the top!

Its sad to think about how hot it is back at home! Tell Uncle George I'll gladly be his bi-lingual supervisor!! I want to keep on speaking Spanish when I get home and plan on doing something that allows me to speak both.

THE PACKAGE WAS GREAT!! Thanks soooo much! The chocolate covered honey comb was a hit here! And the sour patch were gobbled up at church by young and old! As well as the caramel!! Haha! I have really learned something here being among the Mexican people. That everything is better when you share! They give EVERYTHING. They are so willing to help complete strangers. What a blessing to be here!!


Well the Lord truly blessed us this week. Brandon and Vania were baptized! Brandon went to EFY and had a change of heart. Durlirza had so much faith, she had been saying to me for about a month that she knew that when her son went to EFY he would want to be baptized. We baptized 6 of our Heavenly Father's children yesterday. What a great blessing! Mariana had some family trouble, but she told us that she didn't care, that she was going to be baptized because she KNEW it was the right thing to do. This week we are going to baptize a man named Jose Raya. Its overwhelming to see the Lords hand in our work Mom!!

I love you so much, and I am thankful for such great and loving parents!! You have taught me so much. I love you!!!
-Elder Ras

No comments: